About Us Service Timings Contact Us Route Map Guest Book  
 
 
CHILD CHURCHES (CHURCHES FORMED FROM OUR CHURCH)
 

Home Page
Church History
About Kallooppara
Governing Body
Church Members
Organizations
Our Bishops
Our Vicars
Our Priests
Personalities
Child Churches
Event Calendar
Charity Works
Photo Gallery
 

Being one of the oldest churches in the Niranam Diocese of Malankara Sabha, our church is the parent church to many other churches in and around Kallooppara, Mallappally and Vennikulam. In the early days people from a wide area of land (Mallappally, Kottangal, Vennikulam, Eraviperoor, Thottabhagom, Njalbhagom, Kaviyoor, Kottoor etc) came to the church for worshiping. Later due to the inconvenience in reaching the church from far away places and due to the lack of space due to the increase in the number of members, other churches were formed in respective locations. But still this church holds a special place in the heart of all of them and many of the members of our child churches come and attend mass at the church on important days like Good Friday, Easter, Feasts etc. Given below is a list of all such child churches formed from this church.

[First Page] Page #1  2  [Last Page]
 
St. Mary's Church Vaypoor

This is the first church formed from our church. The church is situated at Kottangal in the present Mallappally Taluk. There are no clear evidence regarding the origin of the church but it is believed that the church is around 600 years old and was built in the land given by the Edapally King. Now it is under the Chenganacherry diocese of the Zero Malabar Churches.

St. Mary's Church Vengalassery, Mallappally

The sanction for building this church was given by the then Travancore King Sri. Swathi Thirunal. The foundation stone was laid on 28th Midhunam, Kollavarsham 1009 (Malayalam calendar). The church is situated on the bank of river Manimala and both Marthomite and Orthodox believers worship in the church.

St. Behnan's Orthodox Church, Vennikulam

The church was built in AD 1841 (Kollavarsham 1017) in the name of Behnan Sahada. The christian believers from Kavunguprayaar, Muthupala, Paduthodu etc are worshipping here.

St. George Orthodox Church, Chengaroor

The church was built on 8th of Idavam, Kollavarsham 1055 and the foundation stone was laid by His Holiness Geevarghese Mar Gregorious (Parumala Thirumeni). The church is popularly known as the first daughter of Parumala Thirumeni and is situated in the 1st ward of Kallooppara Panchayath and belongs to the Niranam Diocese of Malankara Sabha.

St. John's Knanaya Church, Thuruthicadu

Due to the difficulties in going to the Knanaya church at Kallissery, the believers of Knanaya community used to attend the mass at Kallooppara church. Then in the beginning of Kollavarsham 1870 a new church was built at Thuruthicadu and was under the Niranam diocese of Malankara Sabha until the Knanaya Diocese came into existence in 1910. The church is situated in the 5th ward of the Kallooppara Panchayath.

Emmanuel Marthoma Church, Eraviperoor

The church was built in Kollavarsham 1068 (A.D 1892). The church was consecrated on 26th Makaram, Kollavarsham 1087 (February 8th A.D 1911) by Thithoos Second Metropolitan. It belongs to the Niranam - Maaraman Diocese of the Marthoma churches. The church is situated at Eraviperoor in the Thiruvalla - Ranni road.

Sleeba Orthodox Church, Kaviyoor

The church was built in 1897 and the foundation stone was jointly laid by His Holiness Geevarghese Mar Gregorious of Parumala and His Grace Joseph Mar Divanasios, Pulikattil. The church is situated at Thottabhagon in the Thiruvalla - Kozhencherry road and belongs to the Niranam diocese of Malankara Sabha.

St. Thomas Marthoma Church, Kallooppara

The church was formed in Kollavarsham 1085 (A.D 1909). In the beginning there were 27 families and the mass was conducted in a temporary shed. In 1924 the parish built a permanent church and is situated in the 7th ward of Kallooppara Panchayath.

Bethel Marthoma Church, Kallooppara

The church was formed on February 18th 1912 and in the early days Rev. Yacoob Adangapurathu conducted services. The present church was built in 12th January 1918.

St. Gilbert Church, Kallooppara

The church was formed in 1920 and belonged to the Chenganacherry diocese of Malankara Catholic churches. Later in 1930 the church came under the Thiruvalla diocese. The present church was renovated in the year 1964/1965 and is situated at Kallooppara Junction.

[First Page] Page #1  2  [Last Page]